Call Now for a Free Consultation

I was hurt in a car accident caused by a teen who was driving drunk. Can I file a claim against the people who sold alcohol to this underage driver?

You may have a legitimate third-party claim against a vendor who sold alcohol to an underage driver who later caused a car accident.

Unlike other states, Oklahoma does not have a specific “dram shop” law pertaining to businesses’ responsibility for drivers they sell alcohol to. But case law indicates that Oklahoma courts will hold a vendor liable for selling alcohol to drivers who are not yet 21 years old, the legal age for drinking.

A dram shop liability claim may be possible against a store or bar owner who sold alcohol to an underage driver, even without a driving under the influence (DUI) conviction against the driver.

A Burch, George & Germany, P.C., car accident attorney could discuss your case with you for free and do the other necessary work to determine whether we can pursue a claim on your behalf. If we can, we will seek all of the compensation you deserve for your car accident losses.

Posted in: Car Accidents


Burch, George & Germany, P.C.

204 North Robinson Avenue, Suite 1500
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Phone: 405-239-7711

Hours: .

TOLL FREE: 1-877-239-7711


Read Our Google+ Reviews